How to clean stainless steel tea kettle? Stainless steel kettle is used for multiple purposes. People who love a quick cup of hot coffee or tea would truly appreciate the existence of kettles. From tea to coffee and even ramen, you can make multiple food items using a kettle. Its primary job i.e. boiling water has become essential for many of us. However, maintaining the quality performance and high standard of the kettle can be challenging.
If your stainless steel tea kettle needs a thorough clean-up, you should read the information given below. An untidy kettle with dirt and grease all over cannot be used for making hot beverages. Pouring yourself a cup of fresh tea from a not-so-clean kettle is not appealing. However, some methods can be helpful in getting rid of stubborn stains.
Why Do You Need to Clean Your Stainless steel tea Kettle?
One of the major reasons why kettles need regular cleaning is limescale. It can be formed in kettles quickly, specifically when a user uses hard water. Limescale forms when minerals build up to deposit once water is boiled. It generates from water and tends to get worse over time. That’s why cleaning your stainless steel tea kettle is extremely important. Not only can it affect the heating element, but can also float in your tea.
We do not suggest the idea of using harsh chemicals on their stuff. These chemicals can be toxic for our items as well as the environment. In the same way, using harsh chemicals on your kettle is not the right thing. After all, this gadget does the most important task of tea/coffee making for you. Letting it get cleaned up by harsh chemicals then using it for making tea isn’t great.
How To Clean Stainless Steel Tea Kettle Inside And Outside?
how to clean stainless steel kettle with vinegar:
The first method involves cleaning the kettle with white vinegar. Adding vinegar can be effective for removing stains from the kettle. Since limescale easily gets dissolved with a mild acid, white distilled vinegar can work out well. Follow the given instruction to learn how to clean a stainless steel tea kettle with vinegar.
- Make a 50/50 mixture of water and vinegar then fill the kettle with it. You don’t have to measure perfectly, only ensure it is approximately accurate.
- Put the kettle on the stovetop and start heating water to boiling. In case you have an electric kettle, turn it on by clicking the ON button.
- Once the water inside the kettle is boiled, let it cool down completely. In this step, the vinegar solution will work like a charm; you only need to be patient.
- Pour out all the water and mixture from the kettle. Wipe the inside of your kettle down with a soft brush or cloth.
- After drying out the kettle, repeat the process. Fill the gadget with water again then boil. After the water is boiled, you can discard it.
- Hopefully, the kettle would be cleaned by following this method. Enjoy making tea in your shiny and tidy kettle.
Cleaning the Stainless Steel Tea Kettle with Baking Soda:
Kettles can be washed with soap and water but their charm will soon fade away. If you want the best-tasting tea, the water needs to be purified. The good news is, the kettle can be cleaned and improved by using natural resources. Baking soda is yet another good cleaner that can remove stubborn stains from your tea kettle. Just follow the steps to learn how to clean a stainless steel kettle with baking soda.
- Take baking soda and put it in your pot
- Next, fill your kettle with water
- Begin the heating process and boil the mixture of baking soda and water.
- After boiling the mixture, put the kettle off the stovetop and let the water cool down.
- Begin the process of cleaning by scrubbing the interior of your kettle gently. You have to be very careful not to let your hands burn. If you are unable to find a brush with the right fitting, try some alternatives. For instance, a baby bottle brush or neck brush can be helpful. Furthermore, dry ice is also a good alternative to scrubbing brushes.
- If you still see the stains, take most of the mixture out of the kettle and leave a small amount of it inside.
- Add some more baking soda
- Start mixing baking soda with your scrubbing brush or pad. As a result, you’ll observe a paste being formed by adding more soda. Keep on adding more baking soda if the added one is dissolved in water.
- Continue with scrubbing the kettle. The addition of extra baking soda should be able to wipe out all remaining stains.
- Wash the kettle like you normally do once the stains are removed.
- Use clean water to rinse the kettle thoroughly.
- Take a soft cloth and dry your kettle.
How to clean stainless steel tea kettle with lemon:
White vinegar and baking soda methods are effective but there are other options too. You can also use lemon juice for cleaning your stainless steel kettle. Citric acid is useful for burning away stains. Cleaning a kettle with lemon is a simple procedure to get rid of stubborn stains. You only need to follow the instructions mentioned below:
- You can start by cutting a lemon into slices.
- Next, you’ll place them inside the kettle and fill it for covering stains completely.
- Boil water in the kettle then cool it down for 30 minutes then boil it again.
- Finally, wipe down the kettle’s interior using a soft sponge.
Keeping the kettle clean and well-maintained is essential for a perfect cup of hot beverage. These kettles are brilliantly designed and toxic cleaning chemicals can ruin their performance. That’s why we shared useful information about how to clean a stainless steel kettle with natural products. Hopefully, these methods will effectively clean your kettles and return their shine. Indeed, kettles are one of the essential kitchen gadgets for many people. They deserve the best treatment after refreshing your days with hot coffee and tea.